Land Protection Specialist
Are you ready to bring your land protection talents and experience to help conserve the iconic Squam Lakes watershed in Central NH? We are hiring a full-time Land Protection Specialist to be part of our dedicated and professional staff.
- Lead all aspects of project work including working with landowners, site visits, deed research, and landowner correspondence.
- Drafting conservation easements, preparing baseline documentation reports, creating GIS maps, and inputting data into the Locate (Salesforce) database.
- Conduct site visits, occasionally with landowners, volunteers, and AmeriCorps members.
- Participate in Lands and Stewardship Committee meetings.
- Carry out other supporting duties as a member of the staff team.
- Assist as needed with Stewardship responsibilities such as monitoring conserved land, clearing trails, remarking boundary lines, installing kiosks, etc.
- Help provide content for social media and newsletters.
- Attend events and help advance SLCS’s mission to preserve the unique quality and character of the Squam watershed by protecting lands for present and future generations.
- Experience in the entire process of conserving land.
- Fluent GIS skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience with volunteer and community engagement.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to work in an in-office setting with time outdoors year-round.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle (reimbursed at standard rate).
Compensation and Benefits: This is a salaried position with an expectation of 40 hours per week. Salary is projected at $60,000, with health insurance stipend, 403b retirement match, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Hiring Process: Interviews until position is filled. Please provide cover letter, resume and references. SLCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Roger Larochelle, Executive Director, Squam Lakes Conservation Society,
PO Box 696, Holderness, NH 03245 (603) 968-7900 firstname.lastname@example.org
SLCS, established in 1960, is NH’s first local land trust. The organization was formed by lakeside property owners to set up a non-governmental approach to conserving land. SLCS has evolved into a respected and effective land trust currently with 164 protected properties throughout the Squam Region. With a hard-working staff of six (four full-time), an engaged Board of Directors, and strong support from the community, the Conservation Society has embarked on an ambitious effort called Forever Squam to increase conserved land in the watershed from 30% to 40%. We’re looking for an organized and experienced person to join our team as we help shape Squam’s future.